How Much Heat Do You Need?
Desired Inside Temperature - Outside Temperature = Temperature Increase
- Measure the space's dimension cubic feet. (Length x Width x Height = Cubic Feet)
- Subtract the outside temperature from the desired inside temperature to determine the temperature increase.
- Calculate the required BTs with this formula
- If you have measured temperature in Fahrenheit
- Cubic Feet x Temperature Increase x .133 = Required BTUs)
- If you have measured temperature in Celsius
- (Cubic feet x Temperature Increase x .2394 = Required BTUs)
Heat Rise - 'BTU' Requirement Reference Chart